WAY is a Lebanese cooperation for development NGOs and Youth which acts locally with communities to promote sustainable social change by improving the living conditions of vulnerable populations, especially Women and Youth, and by acting upon the causes of poverty and inequality.
WAY achieves sustainable changes over a medium term in the areas where it acts through the efficient management of resources, the active participation of the community and the involvement of public institutions.
- Coherence: Our solidary action reflects an institutional ideology which is harmonious with the public development policies and the priorities of the local community.
- Transparency: Our work is based on honesty, mutual responsibility and maximum access to information, as pillars of social and economic accountability.
- Participation: We promote democratic and participative principles as means necessary for social transformation and as an inherent aim of development
- Professionalism: We promote processes based on the optimization of resources and the quality of our teams’ work, which seek the greatest impact.
- Sustainability: We pursue a balance between social and economic development and respect for and protection of the environment as a means of reducing the causes of vulnerability in a lasting way.
- Human dignity: We work towards people’s well-being based on ethics, respect for diversity and the promotion of human rights. We consider poverty and inequality to be an affront to social justice.
- Social justice: Our approach to development is centered on equity and the promotion of people’s ability to enjoy basic human freedoms and access to fair opportunities.
- Critical reflection: The promotion of a critical spirit, which defines solidary action and frames development as a learning process, is a necessary factor for bringing about social transformation.
- Solidarity: We consider joint responsibility in integral human development a value essential to achieving the common good and the defense of human dignity.
Moving forward in a clear direction:
Improve the living conditions of impoverished communities, and especially those of Women and Youth to give them a chance, this is our mission, one guided by the shared principles and values defined in our organization’s philosophy. But to fulfill this mission, we need a well-laid plan, a roadmap. We have defined our path, we have set our course, and we invite you to participate.